Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Beginning

It started with a pen stroke. The idea of putting life on paper. The desire to record what happened, what is happening, what will happen. The simple act of writing, the complex art of creating. It will end with so much more.
A friend asked me the other day: if you had unlimited time, what would you do? I told her I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I want to learn and grow but that seems so selfish. I want to create and leave my mark on the world but that seems so arrogant.
So what will I do? 
I'm still young. Thirty still seems old. In a way, I do have all the time in the world. I guess I'll figure it out before it's too late. I hope.

 I think it's time to bring back poetry.

The middle matters
when every new beginning 
guarantees an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment