Sunday, May 18, 2014

Luna Dark coming

The third and final book in the Luna Cycle is coming. I've finished the draft, and my editor Amanda is working on it. The book is epic so it may be a while. I kept trying to cut stuff out, but I just couldn't find too many shorter ways of conveying the themes.

If you read books 1 and 2, you will know that I basically skip over the summer. However, for book 3, Celeste goes to summer school (or the summer session at least). While the summer is broken into 4 parts, it's basically the same length as a regular part.

I still haven't decided on the exact quote to open the book. The obvious is Thucydides line on the three motivations of human life. Could also go with something by another old dead Greek guy -- Aristotle, Sophocles, Homer. The usual. We'll see. I went with Abe Lincoln last time even though Oppenheimer was a more classic.

Yeah. I should probably go unusual. Nothing typical is insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment