Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Hunting Game

One of my favorite books from last year was "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. The basic idea is an Easter Egg hunt across a giant video game / virtual reality world. All the clues and answers are based on 1980s pop culture (movies, music, video games, books).

I wasn't even alive in the '80s (although neither is the protagonist of the book), but the story sucked me in like quicksand. I missed most of the references, including ones to class works that I will not mention because I am still ashamed I haven't actually read/saw/played them.

So, I read the book, liked it, and forgot about it. Until today. Ernest Cline set up his own Easter Egg hunt like the one in the book (on a smaller scale of course). I'm going to try and do it. Inside the book is a clue to a web site. Once on the site, you have to play 3 different video games (probably from the 1980s) to win a 1981 DeLorean. Thankfully I know that's the car from Back to the Future. I'm not sure how I'm going to find it, but like in the book, it sound like fun.

www.ernestcline.com

today's game challenge:
find the hidden Easter Egg
win an awesome car

No comments:

Post a Comment